Arab women have big, dark, expressive eyes, and to make them stand out, they use colorful and dramatic eye makeup. Using bold colors like black, grey, brown, red, and blue, Arab women create stunning looks with winged eyeliner, smokey eyes, heavy lashes, and kajal. Just add fake lashes and bold brows to complete the captivating style.If you have seen an Arabic eye makeup look before, you must know that they usually blend two colors — one layer on top of another.
Now, let’s learn how to do this outside winged Arabic eye makeup.
Start your face makeup with clean, moist skin. Wash it with a face wash, then dry gently. Use sunscreen, apply face primer, and eyelid primer for the eyes. Put on concealer for spots and under-eye circles. Finish with foundation for a smooth base.
Keep In Mind
Tape Trick: Use tape on the outer corner for an easier eyeliner or eyeshadow line.
Know The Shades: Apply dark shadows on the outer corner and crease, then use soft, lighter colors on the center of the eyelid and under-eye area.
Mix And Match: Combine 2 or more darker eye colors to create a stunning Arabic eye makeup look.
Subtle Lips: Pair Arabic eye makeup with pink or peach lips. Add nude gloss to enhance the lower lips without making them too dark.
Choosing colors for Arabic eye makeup
The colors you choose should be vibrant and pearlescent (if possible) .
- Choose bold colors like black, brown, grey, red, or blue for dramatic eyes.
- Match your eye makeup with your outfit – warm tones go with earthy shades, cool tones go with blues or greys.
- Consider your eye shape – dark shades on outer corners enhance almond eyes, lighter colors on inner corners brighten round eyes.
- For your skin tone, go with bronze and gold for warmer tones, silver and blues for cooler tones.
- Pick colors that match your personal style and make you feel confident. Experiment to find your perfect shades!
For a smoky touch, it’s recommended to pick two flattering eyeshadow colors. Choose one dark shade to add depth and intensity, and pair it with a lighter shade to balance the look. This combination helps create a dramatic and effective smoky eye makeup.
Arabic Eye Makeup Tutorial
Products We Use For Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Light Pink Shade
- Purple Shade
- Highlighting Shade (I Used Yellow)
- Eye Liner-Liquid/Gel
- False Lashes(Optional)
Related: Removing Waterproofs Mascara
Simple step by step tutorial to get beautiful Arabic Eye Makeup
Step 1: Conceal Your Eyes Using Liquid Eyeliner
To get a lasting look, cover spots, dark circles, and lines by using a liquid concealer on the eye area.
Step 2: Apply Primer
To make your eye makeup last longer, use a primer. This creates a smooth base, ensuring your makeup stays put without flaking.
I used faces metallic glow primer that helps
- The eye shadow to stay longer
- Provides a true tone of the eyeshadow
- Save you from unwanted creasing.
Step 3: Apply Pink Eyeshadow All Over The Lids
Apply pink eyeshadow with a brush, tapping off extra. Put it on lids below the crease, from inner to outer corners. Extend it in a winged style, blending well across the lid.
Step 4: Apply Purple Shade On Outer Edge Of Eyelid
Use purple eyeshadow on the outer part of your eyelid, below the pink. Make a faint wing. If needed, make it darker, but don’t bring it towards the inner eye.
Step 5: Make Eyes Pop
A highlighting shade under the brow bone and on the inner corner helps make the eyes pop.
Step 6: Line Your Eyes
Line your eyes from inner to outer corners, making them almond-shaped and slightly extended. Keep it light and blend with the purple shadow. Also, line the lower lash line with a medium thickness to enhance your eyes.
Step 7: Apply A Coat of Mascara
Remove any excess eyeshadow and apply your favorite mascara. If you prefer, you can also use false eyelashes instead.
Long and wide false eyelashes play a crucial role in Arabic eye makeup. They add a dramatic touch, balancing the vibrant eye colors for a stunning effect.
How You Can Recreate Arabic Eye Makeup Looks?
Get ready to go bold with Arabic eye makeup! These looks take basic trends and add lots of drama. Scroll down to learn how to recreat them yourself.
Smokey Eyes make your eyes look mysterious and captivating. Just blend dark eyeshadows for this special look, great for evenings or special times. Learning how to do it adds glamour and makes your eyes stand out with a dark and cool style.
How to creat look
- Prep Your Eyes: Start with clean, dry eyelids. Apply a bit of concealer or eyeshadow primer to help the makeup stay in place.
- Choose Your Colors: Pick dark eyeshadow shades like black, brown, or gray. You’ll also need a lighter shade for blending.
- Apply Base Shade: Use the lighter shade all over your eyelid, from lash line to brow bone.
- Add Dark Shade: Apply the dark eyeshadow to the outer corner of your eye and along the crease. Use a small amount at first; you can always add more.
- Blend: Blend the dark shadow with a clean brush or your fingertip. This softens the edges and creates a seamless transition.
- Eyeliner: Apply eyeliner along your upper lash line. You can go for a regular line or create a winged look for extra flair.
- Mascara: Finish with a coat of mascara to make your lashes pop.
Cut Crease Arabic eye makeup is a cool style that makes your eyes stand out. Create a line above your crease, blend it, and add concealer for a defined look. It’s a bold and glamorous way to make your eyes pop!
- Prep Your Eyes: Begin with clean, dry eyelids. Apply a bit of concealer or eyeshadow primer to ensure your makeup stays in place.
- Choose Your Colors: Pick a light eyeshadow for the base and a darker shade for the crease.
- Apply Base Shade: Use the lighter eyeshadow all over your eyelid, from lash line to brow bone.
- Define the Crease: With the darker shade, draw a line slightly above your natural crease. This creates a new crease and adds depth to your eyes.
- Blend: Gently blend the darker eyeshadow upward and outward, softening any harsh lines.
- Cut the Crease: Use concealer or a light eyeshadow to “cut” across the eyelid, following the line you created. This makes the lid look more defined.
- Add Eyeliner and Mascara: Apply eyeliner close to the lash line and finish with mascara to make your eyes pop.
Colorful Eyes in Arabic eye makeup is about using fun and vibrant shades like blues, reds, or greens to make your eyes stand out. Add a pop of color to your lids or try colorful eyeliner for a playful and stunning look.
How to creat look
- Prep Your Eyes: Start with clean, dry eyelids. Apply a bit of concealer or eyeshadow primer to help the colors pop.
- Choose Your Colors: Pick vibrant eyeshadow shades that complement each other. You can go for blues, reds, greens, or any combination you like.
- Apply Base Shade: Use a light or neutral eyeshadow as a base on your entire lid, from lash line to brow bone.
- Add Color: Apply your chosen colorful eyeshadows on the lids. You can mix and match or apply a single bold shade, depending on your preference.
- Blend: Blend the colors well to avoid harsh lines and create a seamless transition between shades.
- Eyeliner (Optional): If you want, add a colorful eyeliner to enhance the look. You can use a matching shade or go for a contrasting color for a playful touch.
- Mascara: Finish with a coat of mascara to make your lashes stand out.
In summary, Arabic eye makeup is more than just a beauty trend – it’s a blend of cultural history and personal expression. Learning about it means understanding unique techniques, using eyeliner and eyeshadow skillfully, and appreciating the cultural significance behind different styles. It’s a creative way to embrace beauty that goes beyond borders, whether for everyday or special occasions.
Q: What is Arabic eye makeup?
It’s a style of eye enhancement with bold eyeliner, vibrant eyeshadow, and intricate designs rooted in Arab cultural traditions.
Q: How do I master Arabic eye makeup?
Practice basic techniques like eyeliner and eyeshadow application. Tutorials and tips from makeup artists can help.
Q: Are there specific tools needed?
Basic tools include eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and brushes. More intricate looks may involve kohl and false lashes.
Q: Can it be adapted for everyday wear?
Yes, it’s versatile. You can tone down the intensity for everyday use or amp it up for special occasions.
Q: Is there cultural significance?
Yes, it often reflects cultural symbolism and varies across regions, adding depth to the makeup artistry.
Q: Are there specific trends?
Trends evolve, but bold colors, winged eyeliner, and intricate designs are common. Staying updated can enhance your skills.
Q: Can beginners try it?
Absolutely! Start with simpler techniques and gradually try more complex designs as you gain confidence.
Q: Where can I find inspiration?
Social media, tutorials, and beauty magazines showcase various looks. Draw inspiration from these sources to find your preferred style.