If you’re short of date ideas, why not spend the evening at home with your significant other? Cooking with your spouse can be a really romantic hobby, and these 15+ delicious supper dishes for two are ideal for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, or any other date night in.
Garlic Butter Grilled Steak and Shrimp
A fantastic, easy-to-make gourmet steak supper that tastes like it came from a restaurant! In less than 15 minutes, you can have this Garlic Butter Grilled Steak & Shrimp meal on the table. Simple to prepare and PERFECT for the grill or grilling indoors with a grill pan! This will make your date night even more fun and lovely.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 New York Steak strip steaks (Porterhouse steaks)
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces (250 g) shrimp deveined, tails on or off
- Mix together butter, garlic and fresh chopped parsley. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large grill over high heat. Lightly grease grill plates with oil. Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Brush lightly with oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks for 4-5 minutes each side until browned and cooked to desired doneness. Spread half of the butter all over of steaks. Transfer steaks to a warm plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While steaks are resting, melt remaining butter. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and grill your shrimp for 5-6 minutes, depending not the size and thickness of your shrimp. Flip each one halfway through cook time and continue cooking until they turn nice and pink in colour while white and opaque on the inside.
- Toss remaining butter through shrimp and serve with steak because this will enhance the taste and the look.
- Go also check it out.
Tips for perfect grilled steak
- Set up the grill — at least 15 minutes before you start grilling. Start with clean grill plates to prevent steaks from sticking when flipping.
- Preheat grill or barbecue — Your grill needs to be HOT! At least 450°F (230°C) to get a good sear and a crispy edges. Find the hottest areas by carefully and slowly waving your hand 6 inches above the grill plates.
- Lightly oil — Using tongs, lightly grease grill plates with a folded paper towel dipped in oil.
- Pat steaks dry — Let steaks sit out at room temperature for 15 minutes, then pat dry with paper towel to ensure the perfect sear. Season with salt and pepper, plus anything else you like: paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, etc.
- Flip with tongs — Use a pair of tongs instead of a barbecue fork to avoid piercing holes in the meat and releasing crucial juices. Flip only once during cook time to give them time to form that beautiful crust. You’ll know they are ready when they easily lift off the grill.
- Slather with garlic butter — the BEST part about this recipe. You can grill your steaks AND have delicious melted garlic butter running down them, infusing them with so much flavour. You’re going to use half here, saving the rest for your shrimp.
- Rest — Allow steaks to rest for a good 5 minutes before slicing to let the juices settle before serving.
Spicy Pesto Pasta alla Vodka
This one is silky, smooth, and exceptionally creamy. Spicy Pesto Pasta Alla Vodka is the ideal comfortable winter meal. Fresh pasta mixed in a creamy and flavorful spicy tomato pesto vodka sauce! This silky, smooth, and creamy pasta gets a vivid layer of flavor and richness from the pesto. This 30-minute supper is perfect for any night of the week. It’s wonderful and looks lovely on any table…plus, everyone loves a good creamy vodka spaghetti. This recipe will become your new favorite to serve to family and friends throughout the holidays. This is the best recipe to make your romantic date night lovely and taste-full.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup basil pesto, homemade or store-bought
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream or canned coconut milk
- 1 pound short cut pasta
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallot, garlic, and oregano. Cook until the shallots begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the tomato paste and red pepper flakes, cook 4-5 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the vodka, cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the pesto and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, remove 1 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
- To the vodka sauce, add the pasta, 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, and the butter, tossing until the butter has melted. Add the parmesan and basil. If needed, thin the sauce with additional pasta cooking water.
- Divide the pasta among plates but don’t forget to top with basil and cheese. Enjoy!
Easy Pork Chops with Sweet and Sour Glaze
The easiest, no-fuss, most amazing pork chops ever, made in 20 min from start to finish. You can’t beat that! With this recipe your date night will become more romantic than your thoughts. So, try it and enjoy it.
- 4 8-ounce pork chops, bone-in, 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR GLAZE
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 140 degrees F, about 8-10 minutes.*
- To make the sweet and sour glaze, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan over medium heat; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve pork chops immediately with sweet and sour glaze because the taste doesn’t remain after getting cold.
The Best Pork Tenderloin
This is the best pork tenderloin recipe you will ever have! It is a flavor-packed easy sheet pan dinner with tender green beans, crispy roasted potatoes, and delicious glazed pork tenderloin, all cooked simply on one sheet pan. This will make your date night dinner even more lovely and romantic.
- 2 1 pound pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 pound green beans, stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced chives
- 1 garlic clove minced into paste
- non stick cooking spray
- Lower oven rack to middle lower position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray heavy duty baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Arrange green beans in center of baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Transfer to baking sheet and arrange on either side of green beans, cut side down.
- Lay tenderloins, not touching, over green beans and brush with hoisin sauce, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thickest part of tenderloins reaches 140 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- While tenderloin is roasting, combine butter, chives, garlic, 1/4 salt and 1/4 pepper. When tenderloin is done cooking, remove sheet pan and top each tenderloin with one tablespoon of garlic herb better and let pork tenderloin rest before slicing.
- Top potatoes and green beans with remaining two tablespoon of garlic herb butter and serve.